Frequent questions of clients
Good preparations are important! We can imagine there are some questions unanswered or you may still have some doubts to make a booking with us. Below you find a list of FAQs (and answers)
- What is included in the rental price?
The following is included in the rental price:
> Energy and water consumption
> Municipal tourist rates (VAT)
> Access to the pool of the complex
The rental price does not include:
> Reservation fee costs € 27.50
> Final cleaning € 65 (for reservations of 3 weeks or more the cleaning costs will be € 150)
> Rental of bed linen € 9.50 and towels € 7.50 p.p. per set/week (optional)
> Other items for rental, bicycles, tennis rackets, baby cots, etc.
- Are there differences between the different types of accommodation?
- At bungalow park Het Verscholen Dorp we rent different types of accommodation, bungalows for 6 or 8 people, and various types of wooden chalets. These accommodations have differences among them in what refers to the distribution, please check the box comparison here. The different lodgings, bungalows, or chalets, of the same type, may have differences in accessories, furniture, colors of the bungalow, inventory, etc. (especially the budget bungalows and wooden villas). The pictures shown on our website are illustrative and may vary from the reserved accommodation.
- How can I book?
- Very easy, via our booking form online or by phone at +31 341 820227. If we have sent you a quotation, you are welcome to reply to the email in question confirming the reservation.
- What is the procedure to make a reservation at Bungalow park "Het Verscholen Dorp"?
- Once we have received your reservation request, we will confirm the booking by e-mail. In this confirmation we will detail to you the dates of reservation and the contracted services, we also will send you an invoice for the reservation. In this confirmation, we will detail to you also the (pre)payments scheme. Please note that guests must be at least 21 years or older to make a reservation.
- Are there any prepayments?
- Once you have booked, we will confirm the reservation. The reservation (pre)payments are based on the following periods (always based on the days between the date of booking up to the day of arrival):
> Day of arrival less than 7 days: 100% payment on arrival, cash, debit card, or credit card (credit card payments + 3% convenience fee)
> Day of arrival between 8 days and 1 month:: 100% by bank transfer or credit card charge within 8 days of the date of the confirmation
> Day of arrival between 1 and 2 months: 50% within 8 days of the date of confirmation and 50% 4 weeks before the day of arrival, both payments by bank transfer or credit card charge
> More than 2 months to arrival day: 50% within 14 days of the date of confirmation and 50% 4 weeks before the day of arrival, both payments by bank transfer or credit card charge
Payments can be made by credit card, this modality of payment entails a convenience fee of 3% on the payment amount.
- What are the arrival and departure hours?
- On the day of arrival can you enter the booked accommodation from 15:00 hrs
On the day of departure, the accommodation should be left vacant until 10:00 hrs maximum.
(Weekend, 3 nights) weekend getaway begins on Friday at 15:00 hrs and ends on Monday at 10:00 hrs
(Midweek, 4 nights) midweek getaway begins e Monday at 15:00 hrs and ends Friday at 10:00 hrs
A stay of one week (week, 7 nights) begins on Friday/ Monday at 15:00 hrs and ends Friday/Monday at 10:00 hrs
If you wish to make a reservation on dates that do not coincide with our day of arrival standard, please contact us, and we will be glad to offer you alternatives based on our availability. If you get stuck in traffic and will arrive later than expected. Please let us know and we will make check-in arrangements.
- Are pets welcome?
- Pets are more than welcome at Bungalow park Het Verscholen Dorp. However, dogs must be walked outside the park and must "behave" in the bungalow or chalet, i.e. not sleep on sofas, beds, chairs, or armchairs or damage the furniture. Please mention your pet when you make the reservation at our park. Please note that not all accommodations are available for pets. Accommodation for a pet is € 15 for a weekend or midweek or € 25 for a week. Pets must be provided with antiparasitic collars.
OPTIONAL RENTAL ITEMS
- Are a baby cot and chair standardly available at the accommodation?
- These are not standardly available in the accommodation, but they can be rented as an extra.
- I have booked a baby cot, are sheets and/or duvets included?
- No, sheets and duvets for a baby cot are not available. These can be brought yourself. You can easily book all extra’s via My account.
- Are the beds made?
- To avoid contact moments, we, unfortunately, do not currently make the beds.
- I would like to rent a specific accommodation number, is that possible?
- We do our best to make all guests feel comfortable, however, we cannot guarantee that you will receive the same accommodation as on your previous visit.
- Can I rent bikes in the park?
- Yes, it is possible to rent a bike. You can book your bike as an extra in My account. Bikes can also be rented at the reception desk of the park.
- Do you offer a breakfast service?
- Restaurant La Famiglia offers a breakfast service, you can book directly at La Famiglia
- Can I have food delivered to the park?
- You certainly can, we have an order list online with nice restaurants. Please note when ordering that our accommodations have double numbers, namely: bungalow no. 1, wooden chalet no. 1. This can sometimes confuse the deliverers. It is best to agree to pick up your order at the entrance of the park.
- How can I pay for my reservation?
- You can pay safely online via the payment link we’ve sent you. You can pay by the bank via IDEAL or with Maestro, Mastercard, or Visa.
- What are the terms for the payment?
- After you have made a reservation, you will immediately receive a reservation confirmation. Terms of payment:
> Start of reservation within 10 days - at arrival
> Arrival date of reservation between 11 days - 1 month after booking: 100% within 8 days
> Arrival date of reservation between 1 month and 2 months after booking: 100% within 14 days
> Proceedings from 2 months onwards - 50% within 14 days, 50% 6 weeks before arrival
- Is it possible to pay in full at arrival?
- No, payments must be made in advance.
- How can I see that you have received my payment?
- You can easily check this in My Account.
- Where can I find an overview of pending payments?
- This also can be checked in My account
- I am unable to pay for my booking, what should I do?
- Please contact the reception desk: at +31 341 820227 or inform us by mail; at email@example.com. We are happy to help you.
- How much security deposit do I have to pay?
- That depends on the length of your stay.
- Do I get a payment confirmation?
- Yes, after the payment has been made you will receive a payment confirmation. Payments can also be checked in the online environment via the My account
- Can I pay by credit card at the park?
- This is possible, but we do charge a 3% convenience fee.
- Do I have to pay a security deposit?
- A security deposit is charged for each stay at our park. The security deposit is intended to ensure that our guests treat the rented property and its inventory responsibly. When you handle the rented accommodation correctly, we will refund the deposit.
CHANGE AND/OR CANCELLATION OF RESERVATION:
- I want to invite a guest during my stay, what should I do?
- Guests are welcome, however, keep in mind that the number of persons in the accommodation may not be exceeded. Please, inform the reception.
- Can I change/extend my booking?
- This is possible if availability allows it, we will gladly look into the possibilities with you.
- How can I cancel or change extra booked items?
- You can contact reception by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or calling +31 341 820227.
- Do I get a confirmation of my change?
- Yes, you will receive a confirmation of any changes by e-mail.
- How do I cancel or change the reservation if I have not booked through bungalow park Het Verscholen Dorp, but through another provider (such as Booking.com)?
- Please contact the relevant provider as we are not able to change or cancel these reservations.
- I want to cancel, what should I do?
- Please contact us by e-mail or telephone to discuss this.
- Are there any cancellation fees?
- Depending on the booking conditions, there is a fee for canceling the reservation. Click here for the cancellation policy.
- Do you offer cancellation and/or travel insurance?
- We do not offer any insurance.
- At what time can I have access to the accommodation?
- From 15.00 hours you are welcome in the park to pick up the key to your accommodation.
- Is it possible to arrive outside the opening hours of the reception?
- Do you expect to arrive after the reception desk closes? Please contact us by phone at +31 341 820227 or mail us at email@example.com so we can look at the possibilities together. The current opening hours of the reception are Monday to Sunday from 09.00 to 17.00 (Friday 17.30). In the winter period (November to March) the reception office is closed on Sundays. Our office is also closed on Christmas Day, Boxing Day (25 & 26 December), and New Year's Day (01 January).
AT THE PARK
- Can I enter and leave the park 24 hrs. a day?
- You will receive a gate card at arrival. It allows you to drive in and out of the park 24 hrs. a day with one car. Additional cars can be parked outside the park at the central car park.
- Is barbecuing allowed?
- Our park is located in a wooded area therefore barbecuing is only allowed by the following rules: do not place the barbecue on a soft surface (e.g. the grass) but choose a firm pitch (preferably the terrace). Keep fire extinguishers on hand. Use firelighters and not methylated spirits, using wood from the forest is not allowed. After use please let the barbecue cool down for 12 hours. Open fires are not allowed.
- Are the washing facilities at the park?
- Our park has a launderette, which is open 7 days a week. Tokens for washing and drying can be bought at the reception desk.
- I would like to receive visitors during my stay. Is this possible?
- Visitors are welcome during the day. Visitors may stay the night, as long as the maximum occupancy of the accommodation is not exceeded. You can register extra persons at the reception, no extra costs are involved.
- Can I send mail to the park?
- Yes, you can. Incoming mail will be left in the mailbox next to the reception. Mail can be sent to the following address:
3847 LT HARDERWIJK
- Are there possibilities to charge my electric car at the park?
- Yes there are, there is a double charging station in the car park opposite the reception.
- What are the options for kids at bungalow park Het Verscholen Dorp?
- We have a nice little playground at the park, a tennis court, and we offer bike rentals for kids as well to tour around the park. From mid-May onwards, the heated outdoor swimming pool with a children’s pool is open to take a refreshing dip.
- Are there any cycling or hiking routes available at the reception?
- Yes, we offer plenty of free hiking and cycling routes. The starting point for cycling routes (point 48) is located at the entrance to our park. We will be happy to assist you.
- Is it possible to walk or cycle from the Het Verscholen Dorp holiday park?
- It is certainly possible to walk in the vicinity of the Hidden Village, at the reception you can ask for nice walks or look here for nice tips or visit our blog: https://www.route.nl/routes?q=harderwijk
- Are there any restaurants in the park?
- Right at the entrance of our bungalow park, you will find La Famiglia, an Italian restaurant where you can enjoy various dishes. Take a look at their website and make your reservation.
- What activities are there in the vicinity of the park?
- There is plenty to do in the area surrounding Bungalow park Het Verscholen Dorp. Click on this link to see the activities in the area or go and see our receptionist for great tips, activities, and attractions in and around Harderwijk.
- What is there to do in Harderwijk?
- Harderwijk is a culinary Hanseatic city bursting with little coffee shops, cozy terraces, and nice shops. In addition to Michelin-starred restaurants, the Hanseatic city has dozens of other great places to eat. Take a walk through the historic city center, book an escapade tour or rent a bike at the reception. Heerlijk Harderwijk
- Am I allowed to light fireworks in the park?
- It is not allowed to light fireworks in our park. However, fireworks may be set off unexpectedly, which cannot always be prevented.
- Is there Wi-Fi available in the accommodations?
- Each accommodation has a wireless Wi-Fi network. You’ll receive the password for the free Wi-Fi upon arrival. It can be used on several devices at once.
- What inventory is there in the bungalow/chalet?
- The inventory differs per accommodation. Please check here to view all types of accommodations and their inventory.
- Which TV channels are available in the accommodations?
- The TVs have over 70 digital channels. An overview can be found here.
- Is there free parking for the accommodation?
- Yes there is. Free parking for one car is available for each accommodation. Other cars can be parked in the central visitor parking. A second car can always enter the park on arrival and departure days to load and unload.
- Where can I park a second car?
- Other cars can be parked in the central visitor car park. A second car can always enter the park on arrival and departure days to load and unload.
- Where can I find the most important telephone numbers (hospital/doctor)?
- You’ll find the most important information in the information leaflet you’ll receive upon arrival, you can contact the reception desk or consult our website for useful information on our website.
PETS AT HET VERSCHOLEN DORP
- Are dogs allowed?
- Dogs are more than welcome at our park. They are allowed in several accommodations, but not all; we also have some "pet-free" accommodations. Please contact the park for more information.
- How many pets are allowed per accommodation?
- One pet is allowed per accommodation. A second pet is allowed on request.
- What are the costs for the stay of a pet?
- The cost per pet is for a short stay (weekend/midweek € 15 and for a long stay (week or longer) € 25 per week.
- Where can I walk my dog?
- From our park, you walk straight onto a wooded area where you can walk your dog on a leash. You’ll also find a so-called “dog forest” nearby with several hiking trails. This is an off-leash area. A beautiful piece of nature in the middle of the Veluwe Click here for fun walks with the dog.
- Can my dog run loose in the park?
- Bungalowpark Het Verscholen Dorp is a dog-friendly park, but we want all visitors to enjoy their holidays. So please make sure your dog is on a leash in the park at all times?
- Do the accommodations have a fenced garden?
- Our park has an open character with hedges as partitions between the accommodations. However, there are no fully fenced gardens.
- What is "My account"?
- My account is a (closed) personal environment where you can easily view your reservation, pay, and view administrative issues. In addition, you can easily change and add to your data.
- Do I need an account?
- You do not need an account, but it is convenient. You can view and pay for your reservation here at all times, but you can also change your details.
- Can I also log into 'My account' if I have made a reservation with Booking.com?
- Yes, that is also possible. Here you can view your reservation.
- Do you need help creating your 'My account'?
- If you need help, or if you prefer to talk to us in person, we will be happy to help you during office hours: Tel +31 341 820227 or via chat +31 613 675541 or email us: firstname.lastname@example.org or send a message via Facebook or Instagram.
- From what age can I book a holiday?
- In each travel group, at least one person 21 years or older must be present during the stay.
- Are the accommodations wheelchair accessible?
- The bungalows are wheelchair accessible, there are no thresholds. The entrance door does have a threshold, but we can provide a ramp on request. There is enough space in the room and on one side next to the bed. Walk-in shower without thresholds or shower door.
- Do I need to show a corona pass when I arrive at the park or in the accommodation?
- No, you do not need to show a corona pass when you arrive at the park or in the accommodation.
- Do I have to show a QR at the swimming pool?
- There is a protocol "safe swimming" in force, you will receive it at the reception upon arrival.
- Can I stay with several families in one accommodation?
- Depending on the measures of the national government, you are welcome to stay in an accommodation with several families. Keep an eye on the government website for all measures and what is expected of you.
- Do I need to make a reservation for the swimming pool?
- Yes, to be able to use the swimming pool we ask you to make a reservation before you go swimming.
- Is there enough space in the park to guarantee a distance of 1.5 meters?
- To offer you a safe and pleasant stay, we have done our best to guarantee a distance of 1.5 meters. To this end, we have taken several actions, such as widening the walkways and working with reservations for various facilities. Furthermore, our park is spacious, allowing everyone in the park to keep well clear of each other.
- What time do we have to leave the accommodation on the day of departure?
- Unfortunately, everything has an end. So also to a wonderful holiday. At 10.00 a.m. the time has come to check out.
- It is our departure day, but we would like to stay longer. Is that possible?
- In the low season, it is in some cases possible to book an extra day. This is only possible if the accommodation is available. If it is possible, you can stay in the accommodation until 13.00 am.
- Can I check out outside the opening hours of the reception?
- If you leave outside reception opening hours, please deposit the key in the letterbox of the house next to the reception.
- When will I get my deposit back?
- The deposit will be refunded within 7 days after check-out. Your deposit will be fully refunded by bank transfer, after checking for any damage to the accommodation.
And in addition...
- The reception at your disposal
- Although we do not expect it... during your holidays might arise unexpected mishaps, We are at your disposal to help/assist you in whatever emergency might happen. We are available by phone 24/7 to help you, +31 341 820227